Business-friendly Hotel Sobana offers a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. Rooms are comfortably furnished, air-conditioned, safety box, refrigerator, mini bar and hot water.
Hotel Sobana Location
Hotel Sobana is situated in Sevanagala in the Monaragala district of Uva Province and set amidst the picturesque Kiriibban wewa, surrounded by herbal trees. Most guests come by private car either as part of a bigger exploration around Sri Lanka.
The nearest major town is Embilipitiya , which is 1/2hrs away from the Hotel.
Katunayake International Airport 164 km 5 hours drive, Colombo 130 km 5 1/2 hours, Mattala Airport 23.41 km 35 mins
Hotel Sobana Accommodation
The 14 rooms are divided into 06 Superior Standard, 04 Superior Deluxe, 04 Deluxe Triple rooms. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms with modern comforts and amenities.
Each room is an oasis of peace and quiet with plenty of space providing the utmost in luxury and decorated in warm colors and feature elegant wooden furniture. Most rooms offer a breathtaking view over the Kiriibban Wewa Lake. Individually controlled air-conditioning, Direct-dial telephone, Satellite/local TV, Video & DVD player, Safe deposit box, Mini fridge / mini bar (upon request), Baby cots available on request and free of charge, Extra Bed Available with Fire warning system
The 03 Cottages are luxuriously furnished with wooden flooring. Each cottage unit consists of spacious Dinning area, private sitting area and Bed room area with a pictures view of the Kiriibban Wewa each with its own walkways and path.
Hotel Sobana Facilities
* Wireless Internet Access/ WiFi.
* Conference Centre.
* Ayurveda Treatment Center & Spa.
* Swimming Pool.
* 24 hour reception.
* Sabana Restaurant & Bar.
* Banquet Hall.
* Freshwater Fishing.
* Bird Watching.
* Parking with 24-hour Security.
* 24- hour Room Service.
* OBT Training programs.
* Outdoor Camping.
* Trekking & Hiking.
* Guided walks, whilst 'nature lovers' can spend endless hours strolling around the generously spaced Camp premises with cozy and comfy benches and secluded areas, dotting the shores of the beautiful adjacent tank.
* Fresh water.
* Lake excursion on a traditional Oruwa to explore the bird habitations.
* Safari & Park Camping.
* BBQ Nights.
* 12 feet Bonfire Night overlooking the Kiriibban Wewa.
* Co-operate team building, conflict resolution activities.
* Fresh water Lake Swims and activities (Compertitions).
* Fully equipped gymnasium and Badminton court with floodlight facilities for evening games are also added into our list of activities.